1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

House Systems

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by joehuntley, Feb 23, 2016.

1. joehuntley

joehuntley New commenter

Hi

I am considering an opportunity to apply for a Head of House role within my current school. What successful House systems have people experienced? I would be interested in finding out how effective systems work both in terms of student engagement and dialogue but also in terms of planned activities throughout the year.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

They work really well if the right people are appointed as Heads of House; that means the head must ensure they appoint someone with really good ideas as well as the energy and commitment to the system.

joehuntley likes this.
  3. joehuntley

joehuntley New commenter

Great thank you. I am proactive and it has been suggested I apply. I set of the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme in school from scratch and it has been a success. Some ideas of what practically works well to give me ideas of how I can improve and establish a strong new system would be great. If I was appointed I would be driving the new house system forward but how it will be run will be set up after appointments have been made.