1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

House of Cards

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minnie me, Mar 6, 2016.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Anyone else also watching Season 4 on Netflix ?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Will be starting it tonight!

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I have to stop myself from watching back to back episodes. Enjoy.

4. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

We watched episode 1 last night. Good stuff. Middle daughter has had a binge and, when she phoned last night, she advised us not to watch the later episodes late at night. :confused:

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Watched the first four last night. It's pretty dark.:eek:. We're off to Washington in a month so loving the opening sequence around the city. Husband reckons our hotel might be next to that train line. Quite hard remembering all the storylines that the characters had, who have been brought back in but Robin Wright's wardobe is fabulous as ever. Ellen Burstyn is also great. it really is great TV.

6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

The storylines do come back with a bit if promoting. Jackie Dunbar wears a great shirt in 5 . I have a soft spot for Remy.

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Linden, when you're in DC, try to visit Ollie's Trolley
    http://www.olliestrolleydc.com/

DC landmark, Brilliant place!
    http://dc.eater.com/2013/4/17/6449621/ollies-trolley-an-old-school-d-c-burger-mainstay

lindenlea likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well didn't start it, watched The Night Manager instead.

Monday and Tuesday is Trapped. Wednesday is The 100 so Thursday maybe for House of Cards

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Really enjoying Trapped.

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Now I've discovered The Bridge is on Netflix... running out of TV show days!

And I'm completely hooked on Fallout 4 but I'll keep quiet about that one... it'll incur disapproval.

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I have finished Season 4 . It was ok.

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I have yet to start it because wife isn't in the mood yet... just OK?

And Daredevil season two comes out in a week so that'll eat up more of my time.

13. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well, maybe I am being a bit harsh because initially the programme blew me away. It's tight and well scripted and the performances are excellent but just something missing for me this time around - perhaps I am just used to the formula ?

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I found season 3 had something missing for me... felt like events were driving Frank, not Frank controlling things... like he was in the centre of the storm.

15. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

The references back to the first series remind me how fantastic that was. This one is not as enjoyable. It is dark and gloomy, both literally and figuratively and that fizz between Frank and Clare has gone. They now seem shackled together. I think we're on episode 7 or 8. Might finish it tonight.

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You remember Obama's "Amazing Grace" moment. I admit that my first thought was "Frank Underwood"