1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hourly/day rate for supply teacher M3

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by ellephantf, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:05 PM.

1. ellephantf

ellephantf New commenter

Hi there
    After a break from teaching, decided to dip my toes back in and do some supply. The school offered me M3 (this was advertised on the advert for teachers and as I had had a few years out, decided it was worth it, as it's local) I have been working for a few weeks for a lovely school. Just got paid for a few days and the daily rate worked out as £107 for just over 5 hours... this doesn't seem right? The hourly rate £20.07 an hour... I am wondering if I got paid M1 instead?

I am hopeful there is a simple explanation (or maybe I have really been out of it for a while and that is the rate!) but wanted to check before I queried it :)
    Many thanks!

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

If they are paying you on STPCD there isn't a national M3 rate any longer so you will need to look at their Pay Policy and see what they say annual salary at M3 is in their school.

If they adopt union recommended pay scale then M3 in 2019-20 was £28,413.

So hourly rate they would have paid you should be £28,413/1265 = £22.46 per hour.

I'd start just by asking HR/payroll how your pay has been calculated and what you think it should be and take it from there

ellephantf and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. ellephantf

ellephantf New commenter