1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hotmail spam or not?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Apr 25, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage p { padding: 0px; }.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma; }
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><font style="line-height:normal;" size="2"><b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;">Dear
    Account User[/b]</font></font>

<font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><font style="line-height:normal;" size="2"><b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;">This Email is
    from [/b]</font><b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;">Hotmail[/b]<b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;"> Customer
    Care and we are sending it to every Hotmail Email User Accounts Owner for
    safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration
    of [/b]Hotmail
    accounts[/b]<b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;"> so we
    are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be
    deleted. [/b]</font>
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><font style="line-height:normal;" size="2"><b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;">You
    will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below
    after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24
    hours for security reasons.[/b]</font></font>
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><b style="line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;">[/b]<b style="line-height:20px;font-weight:bold;">*
    Username:[/b]<b style="line-height:20px;font-weight:bold;">[/b]</font></font>
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><font style="line-height:normal;" color="#00007f" size="3"><b style="line-height:20px;font-weight:bold;">* Date
    of Birth: [/b]</font><font style="line-height:normal;" color="#00007f" size="3"><b style="line-height:20px;font-weight:bold;">* Country Or
    Territory: [/b]</font><font style="line-height:normal;" color="#00007f" size="3"><b style="line-height:20px;font-weight:bold;">[/b]</font></font>
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><b style="line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;">[/b]<b style="line-height:17px;font-weight:bold;">After
    following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted
    and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We
    apologize for any inconveniences.[/b]</font>
    <font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><b style="line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;">Warning!!!<font style="line-height:normal;" size="2"> Account owner
    that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning
    will lose his or her account permanently.</font>[/b]</font>[/b]

<font style="line-height:normal;" color="#444444" face="Segoe UI,Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif" size="1"><b style="line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;">Sincerely,<font style="line-height:normal;" color="#333399" size="2">The </font>Windows Live<font style="line-height:normal;" color="#333399" size="2"> </font>Hotmail<font style="line-height:normal;" color="#333399" size="2"> Team</font>[/b]</font>

2. Spam.

3. Until someone more useful comes along I haven't received it at my hotmail address so could be spam.
    Bit unusual to ask for username and password on a email methinks.

4. Spam!
    I have 4 hotmail accounts and haven't had one.
    Delete it and change your password. Then change it every 3 - 6 months. That way the spammers can't get in so easily!
    I have been doing this for about a year and even my darling Nigerian banker is contacting me less these days!

5. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Good grief, of course it is Spam
    [​IMG]

6. Hotmail will never ask you for your password in an email.

7. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

I agree...

Spam