1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hotmail problem

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aur, Jul 12, 2011.

1. aur

aur

received a mail to my hotmail account from the windows team( it looked 100% legit) saying they were checking accounts for space otherwise my account would be closed down within 2 weeks. They wanted name, username, password and location. the message said they would send me another mail telling me to change my password. so I replied late last night.

So now this morning I can't log into my account.- has someone stolen it? What do i do? tried to reset my password but couldn't grt through the process.

any advice welcome.

2. If you use the same password for other activities e.g. online banking/Amazon etc. Change it immediately.
    Never (ever) give your password to anyone in response to an email. Then contact Hotmail if you can for advice. But you might want to consider setting up a new account as it sounds very likely that your existing account has been compromised...