1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hotel cooking

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Nov 8, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

We always rely on the hotel breakfast buffet to provide us with a packed lunch.

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

In most cases, I'm not too bothered about hotel food. If I'm staying in the area, I like to go and eat food from the area I'm in, especially if I'm in UK. I want to sample the food from the area.
    I accept that there are certain times when this is not possible (when you are travelling for work, for example) but it is one of my favourite things to do.

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Entirely in agreement, egypt. If there is a virtue in having to travel for work, it's in sucking in as much of where you are staying as possible.
    George Egg is a comedian, and as such, this is a joke. I'd liked to him extend it further, but I think there is probably a limit on how much youtube allows you to upload. Having spent more than enough years on the road, staying in soul-less chain hotels, not always arriving at a convenient time to enjoy what's on offer locally, and having to put up with whatever the hotel offers, I found it a nice idea that if you were inventive enough, you could have something that equalled the food they offer at a fraction of the cost and relieve the tedium of staying in a hotel on your own at the same time.