1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hosting spanish kids- project ideas?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rollonjune, Jun 23, 2011.

1. We are hosting a group of 14 Spansih students. I only have a small Spanish group (20) and would like to do some kind of project with them when we are timetabled for a Spanish lesson. we have a computer room available but this is the first time? I have done this and wondering if anyone has done something similar when hosting students.

2. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

Compare and contrast term time and holiday time. That always goes down well with English kids when they realise how many holidays and fiestas the Spanish kids get. Then compare school days and the Spanish kids feel hard done by because their day is longer.
    Something I've done before is a survey on favourite foods and drinks. They all like the same things.
    [​IMG]

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

We've done something this year which I'm quite proud of with a group of Italian visitors. We paired them up with kids their age (Y9), then split them into groups of 4-5 (2 of each language) and asked them to prepare a lesson to teach Y7 and Y8. That took one period. The next period, they went in the Y7 and Y8 lessons and delivered their activity. It worked brilliantly, got a real buzz around the place all day. I've got resources if you'd like to do that, just pm me your email.

4. Noemie, That's a fabulous idea!