1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Horrified at first wage packet!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by BelleDuJour, Mar 11, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

The tax free allowance does sort itself out. You will not lose out.

2. Dude I feel for you. Now you realise that agents and agencies in general, are scum.
    Even as an unqualified science technician I was taking home 55 a day.

3. I don't get the attitude and people calling the agents scum. It's a bit silly really considering that you aren't full time teachers and you're working in an environment where every school are batting each agency against erach other. It's prime time to be an office manager at a school prices for teachers have gone from £200 to £155 for a teacher with very little if any move on the teachers cut so what would you suggest the agencies do to increase your wage?

To be honest you may aswell get used to the idea of working for £70 per day from what I hear, Supply teachers are less important than they were, schools are just using HLTA's and CS's and no matter our opinion on it, it isn't going to change.
    In a year or two teachers doing day to day cover will be a minority not a majority, Long terms will still be there but the fight for them will be much higher. You have to adapt or get left behind.