1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hormones have kicked in!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CarrieV, Mar 3, 2011.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

My year 6s are driving me nuts! I have normal football loving tough guy boys bursting into tears, girls constantly falling in and out of love, hating their best friends, doors slamming, sulking, tantrums, you name it, we've had it! And these are lovely kids who wouldn't normally say boo to a goose! They now know which secondary school they are going to and the realisation that they are growing up has come as a shock to some of them so they are reverting to 4 year olds! I spend most of my time at the moment acting as a surrogate agony aunt [​IMG]
    I LOVE teaching year 6 but my normally wonderful class are having a hard time of it at the moment, here's hoping they settle back down soon, otherwise I can see a nervous breakdown in the offing ( and it might not be me[​IMG] )

2. ...and just the worst time for hormones to be all over the place with May looming...

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I'm trying not to think about that! I don't want SATs to be any added pressure ( except on me!) as they have enough to cope with at the moment. They are growing up far too fast,( many now tower over me )and seem to be undergoing sensory overload, the slightest criticism and they're off! I think I'm overdoing the praise so much it's beginning to sound manic!

4. Carrie!
    Same here my class are completely the same today > you can see friendship groups chaging by the second due to tha variety of schools they went to! I forgot about letters as I was out yesterday and put their desks into rows ready to focussed revision so think a lot has hit home with them today, especially as we have so few days in April!
    Poor little *** x