1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hopes or plans for next year?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JosieWhitehead, Dec 26, 2018.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I hope to get back to walking fully again. After a big ankle operation things didn't go well and I'm only gradually building up on my walking. Living in a most beautiful walking area, I would like to walk well again. What about you? Any plans, hopes or dreams for next year?

ATfan, colpee, oldsomeman and 5 others like this.
  2. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Just to try to enjoy what I do and to be more tolerant of stupid people. That’s my aim anyway..

3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

To try and stay healthy.

4. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

That OH gets his health issues sorted. I love him dearly but he does 'enjoy' ill health. ;)

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I want my daughter to get her brain tumour removed and to recover from the operation in time to go on the holiday she has booked at Easter.

7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Retire. But I'm willing to trade that for your daughter's full recovery.

8. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

@InkyP eish, hoping that you get your wish.

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh inky, I had no idea. That would definitely be on my 'hopes' list for you.
    A friend is about 2 years on from her brain tumour operation. :)

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Oh Inky-I hope all goes well.

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Thank you all. We thought we were nearly there then they wanted more scans before deciding what kind of surgery. Two steps forward one step back.

minnie me and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  12. Lara mfl 05

Be prepared for a long full recovery. My friend's operation was something like 7 hours and they were warned of potential longterm damage. I know she struggled for a good 6 months t do anything which required lots of 'thinking' and she apologised for not always being 'able to find her words'. Following anything which involved a sequence of actions was difficult and she did get very tired. As I said just over 2 years on I think she'd say she's back to full fitness / normality. They reckon her tumor had been 'growing' longterm for several years undiagnosed,and yet she has made a full recovery.

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Wishing your daughter all the very best @InkyP

I hope to get back up to normal exercise levels on the knee that I broke over three years ago. I had another operation after two years and frustratingly, that made some things worse. I will keep steadily working on it.

I also want to continue enjoying my work.

14. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Be more upbeat and patient with my Mum- ha !
    Not fret over my son’s choice of girlfriend.
    Continue to take pleasure in the simple things...

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I will hope for the best possible outcome for @InkyP’s daughter.
    I hope for my family to be well and happy and I want to find something to appreciate in each day.

16. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

My beloved sister in law's lung cancer has returned and I hope that she recovers from the chemo, etc. She too had/has a benign brain tumour which is 'zapped' regularly. In her words 'I must have been someone awful in a previous life'.

I also hope that someone sorts out the country and we get some sort of reality.

Lara mfl 05 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Hopes
    That those friends who are suffering appalling grief and loss find the strength to keep going and find happiness again.
    That those suffering from ill health are part of the lucky percentage who go on to recover.

Plans
    As always, to eat more healthily and take more exercise!

18. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My wife is 10 years on from hers.It takes a lot longer to recover than one thinks, but younger in age might help.

InkyP and Marshall like this.
  19. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Mrs oldy took several years to finally be well eneough to do things,One result for her and i stress her, was to lose a little of her sight as the op was near her optic nerve.Hers had been growing for over 30 years and only found it whenshe stated fitting and they did a scan,I am so gratefull to the wonderful surgeons at the hospital in London.

20. Lara mfl 05

Again I had no idea @oldsomeman . My friend's had also been growing for many years and I know surgeons were astonished by how large it was. They had wonderful sugeons too.:D And a lot of people praying. :)

foxtail3 likes this.