1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hopefully 2012 will be the year in which ....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by PlymouthMaid, Dec 31, 2011.

1. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I turn 50.... lose some weight.... see one daughter married..... see another start uni.... change work/life balance more in favour of 'life'.... improve my Spanish .... finish redecorating house... seriously consider moving... spend some time with friends...

What will your year hold?

2. henriette

henriette New commenter

I, too, will be 50.
    • Maybe I will finally have real faith in my skills at my job and not keep doubting myself [​IMG]
    Things I hope not to do in 2012:
    • Spend hours at hospitals (both o/h and father were ill in 2011)
    • Get so wound up over work that I make myself ill
    • Argue with my children: at nearly 15 and 12 I need to let them be themselves: they aren't my babies any more!
    • Have a car accident: every 2 years someone drives into me: 2010 and 2011 were accident-free, so I await 2012's accident! (in 2009 some twit totalled my car by smashing into the back of it at a roundabout, in 2006 a lorry swerved across the road and took out the side of my car, in 2003 ..... I could go on, but you see the pattern emerging)

3. I will also be 50!
    Hopefully, I will:
    • come to terms with my children's growing independence (they'll be 16 and 18, and I have struggled with this this year)
    • lose weight
    • get the house decorated
    • travel somewhere new and exciting
    • get the old work/life balance sorted a little better
    [​IMG]Happy 50th birthdays!!!

4. I will be 26.
    Hopefully I will:
    • See OH get a new job after being made redundant recently. Preferably sooner rather than later before we run out of cash..
    • Stop spending far too much of my time worrying about work, and realise it is not the be all and end all of my life.
    I think that's it...I am pretty content with my life apart from the two things above.

5. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

Hopefully I will:
    • Be able to afford to buy a house (not holding my breath though!!)
    • Get a new job
    • Lose weight
    And hopefully it will be the year a good friend receives justice and is released from a foreign jail for crimes he couldn't possibly have committed.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Hopefully 2012 will be the year in which very little changes!
    2011 has been a good year with a successful house move, I've lost nearly 4 stone and I am really enjoying my job.
    I have another stone to shift but other than that I would like to keep the status quo! It would be good to get to gain some more close friends in the area that we have just moved to.

7. Hopefully I will;

Be able to tell the man I really like how I feel and be prepared to accept a friendship as I am convinced he does not like me in the slightest. I lack courage here.
    Lose some weight.
    Get a job.
    Take up yoga.
    Do a follow up to the Alpha course I did at church.
    Retrain my mind to never dwell on small insignficant things.
    Have a great year and be more bold.
    Decorate my house.

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Are you sure about this?
    Are you sure about this?

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Hopefully 2012 will be the year in which ....

I don't have to spend any time visiting a hospital or a nursing home.

I will find sufficient supply teaching work in a contracting job market to pay my bills.

Our youngest's bf will find himself a job offering more working hours.

I will develop a second source of income outside teaching.

The sun will shine whenever I'm on holiday.

10. Hopefully....

enjoy my new job
    move house
    go on holiday
    not cry as much

11. With a lot of hard work and a splash of luck I hope 2012 will become the year that I don't just turn 27 but also the year:
    • I finally beat my severe depression which I have been battling for over 3 years now
    • I will finally complete a full face-to-face CBT course to supplement the online one I have done and my reading- this will help me achieve goal 1!
    • I will stick to my get fit routine longer than last year's six months and so restart the weight loss I experienced and get my confidence back about my physical appearance
    • Have a better work/life balance where life is the priority
    • Clear that last credit card and finally be debt free (bar mortgage...but thats an investment really isnt it?)
    • Begin to enjoy life more as I get better and so be more open to meeting someone who may become more than a friend
    Check back in a year and we shall see I guess!

12. Well, I've just turned 31!!
    I'm hoping that this year will be better than last year, as I lost my mum. The most horrific experience of my life :-( Sooo.. this year I will;
    • Become a mummy myself (due in two weeks).
    • Appreciate my wonderful husband more often.
    • Make the most of my friends, family and new daughter.
    • Enjoy maternity leave.
    • Make progress (emotionally) in coping with the loss of my mum.
    • Finish my Masters... almost done, just finishing dissertation.

13. Hopefully 2012 will be the year in which...
    I actually remember all the birthdays I've just written onto my new calendar.
    (Don't hold your breath though)