1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hope to save time by asking you to share your resources

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by vivovivo, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I have 12 years of teaching experience (secondary) and gathered much nice material to show in class, f.i. 10 minutes documentaries about artists, colour ot architecture. But things changed, I teach at an international school now, and the main language is English. The problem is I cannot use my resources anymore, it is almost all in my native language (not English).

I feel like a NQT again; Hopefully some of you can help me out where to buy or find nice material in English.
    Websites, You Tube etc...?
    Topics like an artists life, colour, architecture, design, renaissance etc., anything suitable for age 13-17.
    Please tell me your favourites, I will so much appreciate if you do!

(By the way, it seems Teachers TV has some interesting stuff, but acces denied because I am not in the UK!!!)

2. I have 12 years of teaching experience (secondary) and gathered much nice material to show in class, f.i. 10 minutes documentaries about artists, colour ot architecture. But things changed, I teach at an international school now, and the main language is English. The problem is I cannot use my resources anymore, it is almost all in my native language (not English).

I feel like a NQT again; Hopefully some of you can help me out where to buy or find nice material in English.
    Websites, You Tube etc...?
    Topics like an artists life, colour, architecture, design, renaissance etc., anything suitable for age 13-17.
    Please tell me your favourites, I will so much appreciate if you do!

(By the way, it seems Teachers TV has some interesting stuff, but acces denied because I am not in the UK!!!)

3. Why not search on this TES art and design forum for '50 Suggested Websites for Art' thread? I remember seeing it some time ago. Lots of ideas can be found from museum and gallery websites like Tate and National gallery...

4. If it was me, I would be using microsoft word, or a free service from google to translate everything. Obviously it would take time, but it doesnt take too much effort to copy blocks of text to translate. Do it as you use the resources that way you are not doing everything.
    I currently use Microsoft word to translate things into Thai for a student, takes minutes and works well.

5. Hi Vivovivo.
    A quick look at the links and perhaps Bill's YouTube channel will give you hundreds of leads to art oriented videos and websites.
    http://billgrant43.wordpress.com/

Cheers. Bill.