1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hope Prince Philip is OK.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Nov 11, 2018.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Missed his first ever Cenotaph commemoration, and the whole Royal Family looked grim, anxious, tearful.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

He wasn't expected to attend, according to the SE.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman confirmed nearly a week ago there is “no expectation” the Duke of Edinburgh would attend.

He was out and about last Monday taking a carriage ride but I suspect the necessity of standing for two hours is just too much at the age of 97.

Last year he had to lean against the wall for support.

[​IMG]

4. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I don't think anyone's ever going to accuse him of dereliction of duty.

5. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

No, anyone who carries on working till they are 95 is allowed a day off in my opinion.

6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I thought he'd retired from official duties and public appearances a while ago.

7. nomad

nomad Star commenter

He did - two years ago - but still supported the Queen by attending last year's Remembrance services.

Missbubbleblue likes this.
  8. SirPurrAlot

SirPurrAlot Established commenter

The poor guy does look ill in that photo above. Best to keep him indoors, I think.

Missbubbleblue, InkyP and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

I heard that he just gets up in the morning and decides on the day what he is able to do - and why not at his age? I would imagine Remembrance Day is a bit gruelling. I felt a bit sorry for Ann taking the salute for an hour or more - I bet she had arm ache.

10. Summerhols6

Summerhols6 Occasional commenter

There are hundreds of teachers on here stressed, being put on 'coaching', so a fella who has lived a long (very very long) and privileged life I really couldn't care less about. I wish him no ill but how much do these people really impact our lives on a daily basis.There are people who are living on the streets of major cities too. Keep it real for gods sake.

11. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Rambling rant

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I can't go more than 30/40 minutes without needing the loo. How do they manage?

Lara mfl 05 and slingshotsally like this.
  13. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

How do you impact my life?

nomad and Missbubbleblue like this.
  14. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I was presented to Princess Anne on my graduation at the Albert Hall. She had to stand on the stage all morning and nod at each graduate individually.

15. Missbubbleblue

Missbubbleblue New commenter

16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I remember reading years ago that for things like Trooping The Colour etc they had the option of having a catheter fitted by the royal doctor.

17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Wow.

18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The Queen and other royals are back in Buckingham Palace in less than 2 hours when Trooping the Colour. With all respect to Catmother, most people (even us wrinklies) can manage a couple of hours without needing a loo.

Photo51, oldsomeman and nomad like this.
  19. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

That’s not a job I would want!! :eek:

20. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Not all of use sometimes.