1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hope for all you experienced teachers....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Gila, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I had an interview on Wednesday (for a very part time job), there were 6 (!) candidates, and all of them, apart from me, were very experienced teachers. One of them got the job, with the experience given as a reason in my feedback. So there are some schools who are willing to pay more for experience! So, my job searching saga continues..... I have two more interviews next week. (thanks to Theo my applications seem to be more successful now) The first one for a maternity leave, the second one in a lovely school and much closer to me, and it's for a permanent job, which is my dream! Also, I was actually interviewed there before, it was one of my first lot of interviews when I was still on my PGCE course in 2008, and I came a close second then, nearly got the job. I wonder if they remembered me when they read my recent application? Oh there are times when I hate the way recruitment works in education! I do understand why and accept it, but it makes it very very difficult for applicants. When I started applying around Easter this year, I was determined to apply only for permanent jobs to get out of this stressful hell, but since then I've applied for anything possible. Now I have this scenario again - and yet, judging by my lack of job offers so far this year, will probably end up with nothing anyway.... I'm not really asking any question here, just needed to let off steam, sorry.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh Gila, so disappointing.
    Wish you all the luck possible for the next ones.