1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hooray, it’s the holidays!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Over_the_hill, May 25, 2019.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

All my teacher friends are absolutely knackered, even though it was only a short 5 week half term with a couple of Bank Holidays thrown in for good measure. The next half term is a whopping 8 weeker so I am not doing ANY work this week and just chilling (if I can say that at my age). What are you up to? Anyone going anywhere nice or got anything fun planned? I hope everyone going to both North and Sarf meets have a great time! :)

2. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

We only had a week at Easter so now have 2 weeks off and then 6 weeks til we break up. Pity we're having lesson observations in the last few weeks.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Feels good... nice weather for it today as well.

Off abroad tomorrow...

4. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

No half term if you’re in Scotland :( though only 5 more weeks until the big hols!

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Yesterday afternoon was nice - our Year 11s collected their hoodies (most of them bought one) and had a bit of a send off.

They were impeccably behaved - they wouldn't have been a couple of years ago (we have much better management now).

But I am tired - I have quite a bit of school work to do - but first - a few days on my beloved Yorkshire coast - we are off early doors tomorrow morning.

I have a relatively easy last half term too - a week on a conversion course to become a maths teacher - a trip to the zoo with Year 7 and a training day.

6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Feel free to ask me any maths questions next week. I'll try my best to answer them.

agathamorse and (deleted member) like this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

OK

I might be a bit frazzled though - lots of driving to do in the next few days.

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I think I am going to have to fit some work in. Next half term is short for us.

I have a friend coming to stay to go to a foraging evening and for a spa day, then there is the Manchester meet, I am coxing a crew in the pub and club racing at our rowing club next Saturday and I have cakes to make for a tea party for the charity Contact UK next Sunday. A few lie ins need to be included somewhere!

9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

The joy of reports for me.

But the sun is shining, my garden is full of yellow roses and scarlet poppies, we're bbq-ing tonight and I'm so summery that I'm trotting around in mint cropped jeans and sparkly shoes like a refugee from Miami Vice.

And I have the London meet lunch to look forward to.

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

agathamorse and (deleted member) like this.
  11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Am I seriously the only person who drinks lots of beer and slumps on the sofa for several days?

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

13. agathamorse

agathamorse Occasional commenter

Reports for me too. Then a trip back dahn sarf, to stay with a friend in East Sussex for a few days. Been really tired today and so did nothing but read and nap. Bliss!

14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

If you substitute wine for beer, that's my usual MO.
    I did do a bit of gardening. My dishwasher has just packed up so I've had to waste precious holiday washing up. The mediaevalness of it!

15. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I have been on maternity so this is my last week before I go back full-time. :(:(:( I am trying to fit in lots of fun times with the Baby Dragon. And the London meet, of course!

16. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

To all those who are still teachers - enjoy the break and rest and relax in whatever way suits you.
    To those who are not on holiday next week for whatever reason - enjoy the long weekend!

17. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Seconded.

1 person likes this.
  18. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Rest and rest

19. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Although I'm not teaching in the formal full-time sense any more it's been non-stop for me since last September, including a lot of days working in various classrooms in various places. I've put in 6 weeks on a construction project that's been physically knackering, amongst other things. Even the holiday trip that ended a fortnight ago was busy. Having returned from an enjoyable family wedding over the weekend I finally have a full week of not meeting others' demands and deadlines or lifting heavy things. Consequently the first half of today has been spent doing sod all of any consequence.