1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hong Kongers

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by StrangePanda, Nov 13, 2019.

1. StrangePanda

StrangePanda Occasional commenter

How are you all doing? Difficult times, indeed...

2. clovispoint

clovispoint Occasional commenter

Deeply unhappy at what's happening to the safest place I've ever lived. I've made HK my home but I am considering my future here.

Hope all is well with you,

T0nyGT likes this.
  3. msmillreef

msmillreef New commenter

I want to leave. I'm on the island at CausewayBay. Are you on the dark side?

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Readers of my blog, bulgariawithnoodles.blogsot.com, will know that Mr. and Mrs. Hippopotamus got to know HK quite well during their five years in Shenzhen. It is sad, it is tragic and it is horrible. Please God, may peace and security return to Hong Kong.

5. StrangePanda

StrangePanda Occasional commenter

Yes- deep in the NT and cut off from most supplies. It's worrying. All we can do at the moment is wait for the Christmas break and hope we'll be able to get to the airport.

6. Oli_K

Oli_K New commenter

How desperate for attention do you have to be, to use such tragic events to advertise a blog.

Back on topic, I have friends there and have seen some of the videos on social media, they want out, schools are closed, but they still have to go in, no thought at all to the teachers. Crazy that such a great place and highly sought after destination is in such chaos.

lardprao and 576 like this.