1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Hong Kong - please help

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by missmisery, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi
    I've got an interview for a college in Hong Kong and they have asked me to suggest renumeration for the post (including benefits).
    As I am totally clueless, can anyone advise me of the going rate in £ and $ for Secondary teaching posts in HK? For reference If I stayed in Scotland I'd be point 2 of the current scale (roughly £26500k). The school will pay for flights (i think) and medical but they've made it clear that you're on your own for accomodation, bills and transport.
    They have also asked me if there's anything I need clarified prior to interview; are there any pressing questions I should really ask?
    Thanks in advance
    MM

2. Bump- sorry but I'm needy!

3. Thanks all- very much appreciated!