1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HONG KONG HERE WE COME!!!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by fluteman, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I assume that most people have heard by now if they are heading to Hong Kong this year...??!!

I secured a position within the primary campus of an independent school over in Hongers. (WER HOOO!!!) It'd be great to be in touch with anyone else who is moving over in August re. preparations in UK and for HK, accommodation, visas etc.

Happy to share email via private message or setup a facebook group, maybe...

Or is that a bit geeky...??!!

Hope to hear from anyone interested!!

HONGERS - HERE WE COME!!! - ROLL ON!!!

2. Hi all,

I assume that most people have heard by now if they are heading to Hong Kong this year...??!!

I secured a position within the primary campus of an independent school over in Hongers. (WER HOOO!!!) It'd be great to be in touch with anyone else who is moving over in August re. preparations in UK and for HK, accommodation, visas etc.

Happy to share email via private message or setup a facebook group, maybe...

Or is that a bit geeky...??!!

Hope to hear from anyone interested!!

HONGERS - HERE WE COME!!! - ROLL ON!!!

3. arewethereyet

arewethereyet New commenter

Hey fluteman,
    I'm heading over too, got an interview and offer a bit out of the blue for a school I couldn't remember applying to. Am well chuffed as I love HK.
    Congrats on the job!

4. Hi there, congrats to all have been successful at interview.
    I will be teaching at a primary school starting in August. Would like to hear from anyone else who'll be heading over to Hong Kong.
    Really looking forward to it but know I've got quite a lot to sort out first.
    Feel free to message me.

5. vodkaholic

vodkaholic New commenter

Hi all! Congratulations!
    I'm off to hong kong as well, to Kowloon junior school. Very excited! I'm currently teaching in the Netherlands at the moment so hong kong will be a big change!

6. Hey,
    Congratulations!! Is that an ESF school?
    Hongers will clearly be a big change from the Netherlands, I imagine...
    Big chage from West Yorkshre as well, I'm thinking!!
    When is everyone headin out?
    D
    x

7. vodkaholic

vodkaholic New commenter

Yes it is an ESF school. Which school will you be at? Not sure exactly when i'll be heading out yet although I should start getting organised!

8. Hey fluteman, congrats in the job and everyone else too! I'm not moving to HK but Saudi, had to butt in being a fellow west yorkshirian! I can understand your excitement, I cant wait to go!

9. Hey,

I'll be teaching at an international school over in Hongers in primary part... Very excited!! Where are you from? Is your school on HK islan..?!!

D
    x

10. I've been offered a job with Victoria Education but not sure which campus. Anyone heard anything about them? It's in HK btw!