1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hong Kong - can't find the information I need!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by letoile, May 30, 2011.

1. Well after an hour of scouring the internet, I can't find any information about a certain school in HK which is advertising a primary music post. The school follows the curriculum of a country the other side of the world from England. The school's website itself is down and I have looked in all the usual places for information (including ISR) and there's just NOTHING out there! The school itself has won awards for it's architecture, but I wanted to know about it's reputation in terms of teaching and pupils... as well as how salary and benefits compare to other schools in HK (such as ESF).
    Is there anybody out there with any information? Thank you so much in advance!

2. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Oops! I was going by the school currently advertizing a number of positions on TES. Good luck!

3. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Letoile

Are you Australian? If so you would know where to look for the NSW Music curriculum as that school runs a NSW curriculum. If not let me know and I will post the links for you.

4. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I've messaged you with the criteria for the position and also the link to the syllabus. I did a lot of digging a few years ago via a friend who was working in HK for many years and even she couldn't get anyone to divulge the actual figures but suffice to say that everyone she talked to was VERY happy working there and noone had a bad word to say about the place so I would go for it if I were you!