1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Honeymoon cut short!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Apr 11, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

You didn't expect me to be back on here so soon, did you?
    Mr EG broke his leg on Sunday morning so I spent all of last night arranging flights home and we're back!
    Anyway, thank you for all of your lovely messages - we had a joyous wedding and an extremely short honeymoon!

2. egyptgirl

You didn't expect me to be back on here so soon, did you?
    Mr EG broke his leg on Sunday morning so I spent all of last night arranging flights home and we're back!
    Anyway, thank you for all of your lovely messages - we had a joyous wedding and an extremely short honeymoon!

3. Nooooooooooooooo!
    What were you doing? - second thoughts, don't bother!

I hope he is OK and you get to go again!
    ((Mr EG))

4. egyptgirl

I was sleeping, Pobs! He (being the idiot that I married) dive-bombed off a cliff. He's bloody lucky he's not dead. But he is alive and expecting sympathy. Well, I suppose I did say "in sickness and in health". [​IMG]
    He's grumpy at the moment though - not that I blame him. Having a broken leg is no fun. But he is cute when he's grumpy.

5. Put a lead on him when he is mobile again! Like those ones mums put on kids when walking them!
    What a plank - a cute one though I take it [​IMG]

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

Oh how very disappointing!

...but the question we all want to ask is.....where did you go? did he manage to keep it a secret right up to the airport?????

7. egyptgirl

Mexico - we left Saturday night, arrived Sunday morning. He broke his leg, We managed to get him seen by a doctor (no idea how we communicated - I don't speak the lingo and nor does he!), arranged flights home, flew home, took him to the hospital, came home, slept.
    But yes, he did manage to keep it a secret right up until the airport.
    I was so excited about gorging myself on lovely, authentic Mexican food! We were also supposed to be shooting down to Jamaica for a couple of days. Ah well...

8. Crikey, broken legs seems to be the thing that links you!
    Sorry Mexico was cut short.
    Make up for it when his leg is better (how long did it take for yours to get better?)
    Honestly, the pair of you. Can't let you out on your own - you end up with broken limbs!

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

***!
    At least you're looking upon it humorously!

10. If he was my new husband and cheated me out of a homeymoon to Mexico and Jamaica....I would nurse hime back to health.... and then kill him very slowly!
    (Okay, maybe I wouldn't....not if he was very cute and if he promised me a special pressie to make up for my lost holiday!)

11. Oh poor you EG. Part of me wants to laugh (sorry) but the greater part feels so sorry you are having to do without your honeymoon and having to cope with a cute grump.
    I do hope you will manage another holiday soon. Very glad the wedding at least went well!

12. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I am tempted to agree with Bethannie.
    Oh boy.....does he have a lot of sucking up (excuse the pun!) to do.
    Milk it for what it's worth [​IMG]
    At least you had a good wedding day though.

13. egyptgirl

We're terrible, aren't we? [​IMG]
    I'm trying to look at the funny side of it because I cannot bear to look at tit any other way. Either that or the chronic jet lag is sending me loopy!
    My new husband is almost permanently asleep because the morphine and codeine has knocked him out (better than me knocking him out!)
    Still, we had a wonderful wedding day which is more than some people have.

14. egyptgirl

Will I EVER learn to proof-read my posts?!
    it, dammit.
    I cannot bear to look at it any other way.

15. Oh, egyptgirl, sorry your honeymoon didn't quite turn out as planned. Congratulations on a wonderful wedding day though. I hope Mr EG has a speedy recovery.

16. henriette

henriette New commenter

I presume teh insurance has kicked in so you can replicate the trip another time?

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Goodness gracious, you poor young people!
    And by heck I admire your pragmatic approach to the situation. You'd be having to peel me off the ceiling. [​IMG]
    Hope you manage to have a delayed honeymoon later in the year.
    xx

18. Chortle, giggle.
    Seriously, yes, it is a bummer. But never mind - it is a honeymoon never to forget and you can repeat the (you know what bit, not the broken limbs bit) in the near future.
    It is a story to tell the grandkids...

19. Oh dear, (chortle), you poor (giggle) thing. How awful for both of you (peals of hysterical laughter).
    This really is one to tell the grandkids.

20. egyptgirl

I feel much happier about it today.
    I even phoned my Mum and had a good old giggle about it.
    As for telling the grandkids, I don't think we'll be able to tell any kids about it for a while yet!