1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Honestly, me and my English...what do you call...?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Mar 23, 2011.

  1. these things in English?
    and these?
  2. Dividers?
  3. The same word for both of them?
  4. I think so. Perhaps the top picture are tabbed or index dividers. I can't think of anything other than 'dividers' for the bottom picture.
  5. I assume so. They're essentially the same thing.
  6. ah, ok. We have two different words in German, but the only word I could think of in English was dividers, as well.
    I thought the ones at the top might have a special name. I like your suggestion of tabbed or index though.
  7. Boo hoo - no they are not [​IMG]
    The top ones are Registerblätter and the bottoms ones are Trennstreifen! [​IMG]
  8. What are they in German? [​IMG]
  9. Cross posts...
    Right, so Registerblätter - register sheets, right? Dividers.
    And Trennstreifen - seperating stripes? Mini dividers.
  10. Hmmm, I thought staples uk might give me a clue, but I can't find the bottom ones.

  11. Well translated, miss [​IMG]
  12. impis

    impis New commenter

    The bottom ones are Index Cards.
  13. I call them dividers ....... could be a4 or a5 with inex/alphabetical tabs - some extra wide ones are good - and plasticy ones.
  14. invincible

    invincible New commenter

    I call them both dividers. I've never seen the latter ones in the UK though so maybe that's why they're hard to find and have no English name. Or maybe I lived a sheltered life there.
  15. invincible

    invincible New commenter

    BTW, I have a million packs of Trennstreifen now ;-)
  16. I'd call the top one dividers too, but I've never seen the bottom one. Do they basically do the same job?

Share This Page