1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

honest opinions- what are my chances?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by pink sparkle, May 3, 2012.

1. I have seen a job advertised that I'm really interested in. Its SENCO/inclusion manager in a large infant school. I am currently ks 1 co-ordinator in a small primary school and i teach year 2. I have been teaching for 8 years now but want honest opinions as to whether i really stand a chance or have a few areas of development to focus on before looking into this route.
    I do not have SENCO qualification but it is not essential for this position- they said training will be provided if necessary.
    Don't want to waste my time but these jobs rarely come up in my authority.
    Many thanks to everyone x

2. I have seen a job advertised that I'm really interested in. Its SENCO/inclusion manager in a large infant school. I am currently ks 1 co-ordinator in a small primary school and i teach year 2. I have been teaching for 8 years now but want honest opinions as to whether i really stand a chance or have a few areas of development to focus on before looking into this route.
    I do not have SENCO qualification but it is not essential for this position- they said training will be provided if necessary.
    Don't want to waste my time but these jobs rarely come up in my authority.
    Many thanks to everyone x

3. Freya13

Freya13 New commenter

Go for it, like you say, these jobs don't come up very often. At the very least it will be experience for when the next one comes up.

4. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

definitely give it a go - what have you got to lose?

5. thank you for your opinions. I need to really think about it over the weekend. Thanks again x

6. Go for it ! Put in application that you are aware of Code of Practice etc (do research and name drop latest legislation). Talk to your SENCO at current school and name drop what you know he or she does and how good you would be at it. Say all got to start somewhere, keen to do SENCO qualification etc