1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

homework: how much and how often?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by frizzby5, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Can anyone please advise me on how much homework they set and how often? We seem to be having continual discussions in staff meetings with nothing resolved regarding how much is reasonable. Everyone agrees ( I think ) that they should do some but not on the details. With parents asking frequently, I would like to know what other schools do?

2. Can anyone please advise me on how much homework they set and how often? We seem to be having continual discussions in staff meetings with nothing resolved regarding how much is reasonable. Everyone agrees ( I think ) that they should do some but not on the details. With parents asking frequently, I would like to know what other schools do?

3. Homework should be tailored to the ability and needs of the child. Therefore, homowork should be differentiated. Some of it should be done at school, and the rest at home.