1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Homework Help?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by dianehayes, Jan 12, 2016.

1. dianehayes

dianehayes New commenter

Hi

Does anyone know of a website/blog etc. that school pupils can have access to and ask questions about their homework or just school in general? A college near us use 'Moodle' however that comes at a large cost. We have minimum budget for this. We would like some Year 11 prefects to manage this as part of their responsibility when it is set up but I am struggling to find something suitable which is straightforward for year 7+ to access and Year 11 to manage.

Thanks, Diane

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think you would be better expending your energy in ensuring that the homework set is relevant, accessible and differentiated. Sorry Diane but I suspect that this looks like a great project on paper for Y11 as part of their role as Senior Students but in reality is it really worth pursuing ? I am sure there are other things the school can ' allocate ' to them. ' Homework ' and the setting of it can be so, so problematic for many reasons from my experience. You have already identified some difficulties in your post ? Maybe you can't find the right model within budget because it does not exist ? There again other colleagues responding to this post may be able to assist . Good Luck.

3. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Moodle doesn't need to be expensive! Why do you think that it is?

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Yes Edmodo is good.

6. nernstlaw

nernstlaw New commenter

if you're looking for a VLE such as moodle, edmodo and google classroom work really well.

7. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter