1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hometime rhyme, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by habz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hello,
    wondering does anyone know the words to a rhyme that I'm struggling to recall. it sort of goes like this-
    <u>It's a half past three or maybe a quarter to 4, </u>
    <u>20 pairs of feet go running down the street and out through the open door etc</u>
    and then my mind goes blank. would dearly love to sing it at hometime with my class!

2. Hello,
    wondering does anyone know the words to a rhyme that I'm struggling to recall. it sort of goes like this-
    <u>It's a half past three or maybe a quarter to 4, </u>
    <u>20 pairs of feet go running down the street and out through the open door etc</u>
    and then my mind goes blank. would dearly love to sing it at hometime with my class!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

It is number 58 in the book Someone's Singing Lord (you may have that at school):
    At half past three we go home to tea,
    Or maybe at quarter to four;
    And ten pairs of feet go running up the street
    And in at their own front door:
    And it's rough and tumble, rattle and noise,
    Mothers and fathers, girls and boys;
    Baby in the carry-cot, cat by the stove;
    A little bit of quarrelling,
    A lot of love.
    PM me if you want the second verse and a copy of the music.

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I used to sing that at primary school and always thought it was our own song, given that infants went home at half three and juniors at quarter to four. Never occurred to me that it was a published song.
    The second verse is a bit 'Goddy', in case that's an issue.