1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Homeland

Discussion in 'Personal' started by amyclare, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Anyone been watching this? Last episode of the season tonight - any predictions?

2. I have it all recorded but have only had time to see episode 1 so can only predict from there so I shall henceforth avoid this thread until I've watched it.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Is it the last episode? It can't be!

4. Not sure...saw a preview earlier though where Sol goes to visit Carrie in hospital and she's clearly going funny without her meds...love this programme - looking forward to the next series already!

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not the last episode on C4, only 11/12 - are you talking satellite?

Clever casting of Damian Lewis, given his track record as an all-American hero in 'Band of Brothers'.

Also difficult to believe that the actor who plays Saul is the same guy who was the master swordsman in 'The Princess Bride'.

6. or Huxley in Elmo in Grouchland!

7. My bad - tonight is the penultimate episode. Sorry!

8. he will get close to being elected so that we can have him in the senate next season. Clare Danes will realise that he is bad but not be able to say because of the way she finds out... then next season he will switch sides again

9. I forgot about her being in the hospital and not getting the drug... interesting twist

10. Carrie's hospital flip out was reminiscent of me in class when I can't find my special green marking pen :)

11. eeesh - is that a bomb just been strapped to him? Didn't see that coming!

12. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

What does My bad mean? I have heard it from school pupils but they tend to use it to adults as an insult long the lines of "OK, so I'm in the wrong but actually I don't give a f..."

13. My bad = my mistake.

We watched the whole series in a week - can't wait for the next one. Thought the episode in the cabin in the woods was some of the best tv I've seen all year.

14. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Oh please don't give anything away.
    Also - I didn't know there was a second series which begs me to think that things are not resolved next week - ***.
    Oh and found out yesterday that my friends s-i-l went out with Brodie - WOW! We are awaiting the details..........

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I've watched it all so far and it seems to have taken an awful long time to tell not very much. It all seems to be getting exciting now but there were 3 or 4 episodes in the middle where not much happened to move the story along. Perhaps it is because the Americans need the story telling more slowly. I'm sure the BBC would have had it all done and dusted in 3 hours.

16. No current British drama is nearly as good. Next you'll be saying that the Danes are thick as well because a series of The Killing is 10 hours long. The BBC would *****-foot around in its painfully PC way, trying to avoid offending Muslims while painting British authorities as shifty b astards who deserve terrorist violence.

17. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

It is typical of Hollywood and now US TV to cast British actors as baddies, even if they play American characters. I find it very false to be honest. This is the only reason Damien is in it. He was FAR better in Band of Brothers (and actually played a goodie).

18. Doesn't your final sentence contradict your argument? He's in it because the producers paid him a lot of money , because he's a good enough actor to carry the role and was obviously available when required. I think we should be glad that another Brit is being successful in America, even if he is an old Etonian.

19. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Isn't the black guy who heads up the CIA also a Brit? If he is then central casting will have chosen him because he will end up being the baddie!

20. Yes David Harewood, lives in Streatham apparently.