1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Home waxing kits - any good?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dogcat, May 31, 2011.

1. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

I usually have my waxing done once a month back home and stay for the weekend to catch up with everyone. I was going to go this weekend, as it is my only free weekend for a few weeks but could do without going all the way home this weekend (70ish miles).
    I trust my beutician back home and don't really want to lok for a new one here, as my one trip a month usually works well for me.
    Thinking of doing it myself as a one off this week, anyone else do this? Do the home kits work?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

I usually have my waxing done once a month back home and stay for the weekend to catch up with everyone. I was going to go this weekend, as it is my only free weekend for a few weeks but could do without going all the way home this weekend (70ish miles).
    I trust my beutician back home and don't really want to lok for a new one here, as my one trip a month usually works well for me.
    Thinking of doing it myself as a one off this week, anyone else do this? Do the home kits work?

Thanks in advance for any help!

3. I've only tried it once and it was rubbish.

4. What are you waxing? I've had good results with bikini waxes at home - but less good with legs...

I've tried the prewaxed strips, hot wax and sugaring at home - sugaring has the advantage of washing off easily and doesn't leave you all sticky, but TBH I think the prewaxed strips are pretty good and totally mess free.

If you've been waxing for a while anyway, you shouldn't have a problem whatever type you choose. However you could just pick a local salon and book in as a one off?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They're rubbish.
    Either get it done properly in a salon or invest in an epilator. ...or stick to razors.

6. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

Thanks, it is for bikni line, and I have been waxing for a while so might be ok. Think I will give it a go and if it is no good I will try and book in somewhere local.

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ditto. I make a 100 mile round trip to my manicurist and beautician. Every 3 weeks I have a manicure, then every six weeks it's manicure, pedicure, lash and brow tint, leg, bikini and brow wax.
    I just don't want to look for anyone else. Been going to the same person for over 12 years.

8. Home or salon - oh no, oh no, oh no. I am not a masochist.
    Razors, for every bit.

9. Razors for your bikini line - that's masochism surely. There are some places that should never be stubbly...