1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Home study level 3 - how long??

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by simo31b, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hi The beauty of home study is it can take little time to complete if you have the time to put in the hours. I have completed a home study level 2 and 3 and I am currently doing a level 3 foundation stage course. I am quite disiplined and find doing owrk in blocks works for me and I tend to get on with a unit in one swoop over a week or so. But my husband works shifts so as soon as the kids are in bed and he is on lates this works for me. Some people I know couldnt work that way and like the security of a college and knowing they have to complete this bit now before next week.
    Most of my courses I have completed in between 6 months and a year. Normally you have a year to do them. Look at the expect number of hours the course should take and work out how much you could do a week and that should give you an idea of how long it will take. Bear in mind as well some home learning providers try to ensure you only complete one unit at a time and you can't submit or sometimes start another one until the previous on is marked.
    Hope this helps

2. Hi

I am starting my level 3 in supporting teaching and learning with city and guilds.
    I had previously completed three distance learning courses where I received NCFE certificates. I have since found out that these qualifications are not full and relevant or accredited and further training is required hence the reason for me starting my city and guilds.