1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Holidays are coming....Eager for Easter

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by delmamerchant, Mar 23, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

Never before have I been so eager for the school holidays. But,wait! let's turn this eagerness into positivity.

What are you planning to do over Easter? Wake up and turn the alarm clock off and snuggle back to sleep,with smug defiance-no school today.

Wake up, mosey around the house in your onesie or nightwear of choice?

Go for long, dreamy walks, or jog or cycle, horse back riding if you wish?

Watch endless back to back episodes of your favourite TV series or watch something that you would not normally watch...break the mould.

Smile sweetly at your adult children who say, mum or dad, you are on holiday next week so can you.....whoooosh(the sound of you disappearing in the opposite direction)

Soak in an everlasting bath?
    Go on holiday?
    Bake that cake that you keep saying that you are going to bake?
    Start cutting back the overgrown garden that you have been pleading with not to keep growing over the last couple of weeks?

Come on in and share
    What are you doing
    for the Easter hols this year

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Catching up responsibilities to the parental generation.
    Hoping to head North for some fresh air and exercise, and seeing an old friend.

3. delmamerchant

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy.

4. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

I want to go away for a week, somewhere sunny, in Europe. Want to sit on a balcony reading a book during the day, eat nice food and sleep at night.

Any suggestions?

5. delmamerchant

Sounds like bliss.....ahhhhh.

6. slstrong123

slstrong123 New commenter

Slob in my PJs, finally tackle the garden and then go up north to walk up some mountains ☺

7. delmamerchant

Sounds wonderful.

How far north.I enjoy walking in the Lade District. Would like to walk up Scarfel Pike this year.

8. slstrong123

slstrong123 New commenter

Keswick in the Lake District. Never done Scafell Pike but done a lot of Wainright fell walks.

9. delmamerchant

Scarfell is also in the Lake District. It is the highest mountain in England to my knowledge. Sounds wonderful, I really need to get back into the habbit of long mountainous walks.

10. delmamerchant

Barcelona
    Turkey
    Portugal
    Gran Canary Islands

Let us know what you decide to do

11. delmamerchant

My week has been wonderful:
    Monday to Wednesday took my grandchild to her morning activites, walked through the park, chilled in cafes...relaxed and at peace.
    Went to a coupel of garden centres just to smell the flowers and plan which ones I want to buy
    Took three skirts to the cleaners to have them taken up..This job has been on my to do list for 2 years so I feel really good:)
    Had a lie in on Thursday.
    Friday took grandchild to a bouncy castle session...chilled in a cafe..then handed back to her mother. Followed this up with a massage, whole body, focused on my feet....I know feel as if I am floating, not walking:)
    Today, took long awaited recyling to the recycling plant thern went towatch my faovurate sport with my grandchild.
    In between I have caught up with 24, Criminal Minds Beyond borders.
    Seen friends.
    I feel good:).
    How are you doing?

sabrinakat likes this.
  12. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

I'm going to Morocco!

13. bkingsnorth

bkingsnorth New commenter

Poker Night with all the other teachers and friends £10 buy in sounds about right. Lots of Boardgames and beer. Then a trip to Europe with the car.

14. delmamerchant

Hope that's not the schools money you are using foryour buy in:):):):)

Have a lovely time in which ever part of Europe you are driving to, around or through:)

15. delmamerchant

This week has been wonderful!:)
    Days out at local museums with my grandchild. Easter egg hunting - not Caadbury egg hunting:)
    A day at the beach in a traditonal seaside town where we searched for a meal for hours as few shops were open and the restaurants acutally closed at 2:30...Soooooo different from busy, bustling London:):)

A long walk around a beautiful garden centre with friends.

I danced and pranced at a milestone birthday party on Thursday night, it was bliss and almost defiant...out partying on a Thursday night:D

No housework or anything completed on my things to do in the house list and I feel good.

How is it going people?

16. delmamerchant

Back to work and trying to hang onto the euphoria of the holiday. How does one do that:)

17. merkov34

merkov34 New commenter

My wife and I are excited for the vacation we've booked in Spain and definitely we will go to the Canary. Tenerife is one of our eyeing place for our 1st stop :) There so many thing we want to do from a page we've read https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/tenerife/things-to-do/.I wanted to know if you have experience traveling to this wonderful Island.

18. delmamerchant

Unfortunately I have not. I am sure there will be someone on this forum who has.

Have a fab time.

19. Alldone

Alldone Senior commenter

A few years ago on the last day of term before breaking up for the Christmas holidays, it was cold and wet and I had a free period so went on a holiday website. Found a very cheap deal to Tenerife - flying from a local airport and staying in an Apartment in Playa de las Americas. Only slight problem was that the flight was for the next day - collected tickets at the airport. Had a fab holiday. The weather was lovely - warm and sunny. Well worth going. We are thinking of going again, probably in March or April.