1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday pay

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by grasshopper2000, Jun 9, 2019.

1. grasshopper2000

grasshopper2000 Occasional commenter

I've seen a TA job advertised which just says the number of hours per week, the hourly rate and that it is for term time plus one week. I know the salary is divided up do you are paid throughout the summer hols, I'm assuming you also get paid for a certain number of weeks holiday, is that correct and if so, does anyone know how many weeks?

2. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Your pay would be divided up and paid equally over 12 months, ie work for 39 weeks of the year, paid over 52 weeks.

3. picsgirl

picsgirl New commenter

Depending on your LEA, grade, length of service etc, if your contract is 1st Sept - 31st Aug then you should get paid approx 4-5 weeks holiday per year. This will be added to your 39 weeks salary then divided by 12 months. So you get paid during the summer but not for the summer.

sunshineneeded likes this.
  4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Picsgirl is correct. In our LA,TAs get 4 weeks holiday pay per year added to their 39 weeks until they've been working for 5 years. It then goes up to 5 weeks per year - that's it, your holiday allowance doesn't increase again if you stay there until retirement!

5. grasshopper2000

grasshopper2000 Occasional commenter

6. Magra139jo

Magra139jo New commenter

I don't get any holiday pay at all as I am on a zero hours contract as supply staff and get paid weekly.