1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

holiday options

Discussion in 'Personal' started by laura1406, Mar 6, 2011.

1. laura1406

laura1406 New commenter

I've been invited to go on holiday with a friend at easter. she has her heart set on one of the canary islands and we are going to be doing very cheap and cheerful. we are both single and want some atmosphere but not loads of 18 year olds that are blathered all the time. anybody know of any good places?

2. laura1406

laura1406 New commenter

I've been invited to go on holiday with a friend at easter. she has her heart set on one of the canary islands and we are going to be doing very cheap and cheerful. we are both single and want some atmosphere but not loads of 18 year olds that are blathered all the time. anybody know of any good places?

3. I went to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria last year and really liked it. The apartments I stayed in were basic but very cheap - perfectly clean. Plenty of places to go and eat of an evening, definitely not full of 18 year olds.

4. laura1406

laura1406 New commenter

sounds good. is there any accomodation you would particularly recommend/tell me to avoid. is puerto rico where there is a big hill that you wouldn't want to be staying at the top of?

5. Yep
    we stayed n the Castillo de Sol, which was very cheap but very clean and friendly. It was basic and was on the hill but there are steps right outside the hotel really, which are not too much of a bind to walk up and down. I didn't find it a problem and I'm not an especially sporty or fit. You may find it a bit more challenging if you've had a few in the evenings but a taxi will only cost you a couple of euro....so there you go!