1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

holiday in uk--any ideas?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. impis

impis New commenter

The Isle of Wight is brilliant! It is one of the very few places that I have been to more than once. It has all kinds of pretty scenery, historical buildings and gardens, museums, fossil beaches, and loads of things for the kids - theme parks, etc. All within very easy travelling distance once you're on the island.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Does this surprise you?

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

We did a week in Yorkshire and week in Shropshire this year and had a great times in both....but they where not with children.we tend to avoid them on our holidays! lo
    Wales has some nice places and good beaches on the gower and pembrokshire areas......but not a lo tof amusements.....prices where dear though in mid season......because we go n 1/2nd week of sept we go rplaces cheap.....and the one in newpert(Pems) was wonderful .

4. I agree withimpis on this one. It has a slightly old-fashioned feel in some areas but is lovely. Very child friendly too. Lots of places to visit and all within spitting distance of each other too.
    The South Coast is lovely though, the New Forest has beaches and it's very picturesque. Devon and Cornwall will be more expensive that Dorset and Hampshire. Somerset has some lovely spots too although it's quite quiet.

5. What about Northumberland? Stunning beaches. Much less crowded than SW England. I love Pembrokeshire too. Quite busy though.