1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

holiday help

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Jul 15, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I am trying to book somewhere for a week away.

ideally somewhere quiet, sunny and not full of part goers.

Over the past 2 years I have been to turunc in turkey and st George (south) in Corfu which fitted the bill nicely.
    However this year would like to go somewhere were the flight times are not silly (aka so we can get to the airport at about 8am) and that doesn't have a 2.5 hour transfer time (like turunc)

Any ideas? looking about 1k for both of us, 1st or 2nd week in august, SC or otherwise.

2. How about a villa in Lanzarote? Playa Blanca is quiet, beautiful, has nice beach, not too many clubs and few party goers. Acceptable flight time and 30 minute transfer. Pm if you want name of local villa company ..not sure if I can advertise it here.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Isles of scotland are not known for being full of party goers lol..pleanty of lonely beaches and bird life( the feather kind that is!)

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

oh so closes olds! if only i could make sure of the SUNNY part. My psoriasis need its yearly dose!

5. Thompson holidays "late deals"

Loads of holidays for less than £1k for 2

6. I loved Thassos a couple of years back?

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

can you find some of the greek islands.the non party goer ones.or maybe sicily/
    I beleive the libyian desert is rather free of partygoers.and does have sun?

8. How about Malta?
    For that sort of money you would get a nice hotel (away from the touristy places).
    Where can you fly from?

9. Lol...your after somewhere with full goers, then :¬))

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Try the travelzoo top 20 deals site. They always seem to have some good bargains.

11. I wish one could go back and edit one's post the next morning, when one is less ******. :¬))

12. ooh, I like that. Thanks.

13. Morocco but do check FCO travel advice.

14. I used www.sunshine.co.uk to book last year. 7 nights in Gran Canaria, £500 for 2 of us. Was a nice holiday - hotel was basic but clean.

15. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

If you're not already in Groupon, you might find it's worth your while joining up. Lots of holiday bargains are coming out at the moment!

16. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

everyone knows beer causes quoting droop, it never goes quiet as high as you need it to.

Thanks for the ideas so far will have a look and see.