1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Holding activities for Year 1 Maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kellywaaad123, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hello everybody,
    I am just getting my resources ready for the first week back, and am struggling with ideas for independent activities for my groups of year 1 children to do, whilst I work with a group at a time in maths.
    We are going to be counting and ordering numbers this week, and I want to be able to work alongside a group at a time as I don't know the children and want to see their capabilities, however I am struggling for meaningful independent activites for the others to do, any ideas?

Thankyou, and I hope you all have a great first week back!

2. Hello everybody,
    I am just getting my resources ready for the first week back, and am struggling with ideas for independent activities for my groups of year 1 children to do, whilst I work with a group at a time in maths.
    We are going to be counting and ordering numbers this week, and I want to be able to work alongside a group at a time as I don't know the children and want to see their capabilities, however I am struggling for meaningful independent activites for the others to do, any ideas?

Thankyou, and I hope you all have a great first week back!

3. Have a look at the maths of the months activities from Beam (www.beam.org.uk) . I've downloaded loads of games which I've laminated A3 and my chn (year 2) play them independently once shown how.
    Some easy to set up ones that the children really enjoy. My lot get their own resources from a central area and usually have no problems. You'll need to make it really easy/simple for Year 1 but it can be done.