1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Holding 2 TLR posts

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by mrkeys, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

Can a teacher full time or part time hold 2 different TLR posts in the same school?
    I thought that this was not allowed.

2. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

Can a teacher full time or part time hold 2 different TLR posts in the same school?
    I thought that this was not allowed.

3. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I think in the rules this is a big no, but it is something that I have experienced in both schools I have worked in. Our head of music is also G&T Co-ordinator. Both TLR 2cs on the staffing structure. She recieves a TLR 2B instead which works out at slightly less than having 2. Another way around this is to pay them on the leadership scale. Our Assistant head leads PSHCE and RE.

4. DM

DM New commenter

No it is not possible. Two roles can be combined and a higher TLR paid but obviously the Governing Body will have to approve the new structure.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

what DM said.

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I did wonder about that, DM, but decided I must be misunderstanding.

7. Our HT is about to do the same for a part-timer HOD who is also taking on a post that as been a advertised as a TLR.
    So they are becoming a HOD of Dept X and also Coordinator for Y.

8. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Our staffing structure was written with this in mind - certain posts were designated for the lowest TLR2 but could be combined into 1 TLR2 at a higher point on the scale. It gives a certain amount of flexibility.