1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HoKit days

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Tangit, Apr 13, 2012.

1. how do these work exactly? A colleague did 5 and told me it wasn't worth while as she only ended up with about £120 as it was off set by mat money. She double checked with la hr dept too. Any one got experience of this? I was going to do some kit days but if that's the case re $$ it's def not worth it.

2. I did my kit days after I had gone down to just SMP - that was definitely worth it. Maybe the situation for your colleague was because they did it in the first 4 months i.e. when you get full pay 90% pay and half pay all plus SMP as long as you don't go over the figure that you normally earn? Not definitely sure about this but is the only thing I can think of.
    x

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Yes, it's only worth doing when you go down to either SMP only or nothing. I only did 2 within the last 3 months of a year's maternity leave. A friend of mine did about 6 in the first few months and got barely anything.