1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hmmmmm...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by laticsbird, Mar 28, 2011.

1. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

...not been on here for a while [​IMG] Been really busy.
    Anyway, not sure if this is the right forum or not but I've been invited to be part of an interview panel for our prospective new Head. I've been asked to come up with a question but I've no idea what [​IMG]
    Has anyone any ideas???
    Ta, everyone[​IMG]

2. what is most important to you from your head? someone who will act pastorally with staff, someone who will deal with behaviour, someone who will act fairly?

What about: "How will you go about assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the team?" "How can you ensure that support staff feel included as one of the staff body?" "How will you help staff engage more with parents?" "What have you seen today that you haven't been happy with?" "What is your favourite topic to teach and why?" "Have you contributed to the national curriculum review, why/why not?"

3. Winnie Woo

Winnie Woo New commenter

How can you contribute to staff well being and ensure that they can get a good work life balance?

4. Is it true what they say about men with big feet?

5. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Ooh lovely!
    Thanks so much for your suggestions.
    Two things that almost all staff are not very happy about are:
    1. Behaviour - little things dealt with - big things swept under the carpet and getting worse. But SLT seem to be wearing rose-tinted specs all the time.
    2. Teachers that work extremely hard, doing extra work, supporting other staff, contributing and generating ideas (and having these ideas 'stolen' and being passed off as the 'golden boy's' or 'golden girl's' ideas) and consistently being passed over for promotions because their faces don't 'fit'.
    Any idea how I could word these into sensible questions?

Ta
    x

6. How can you ensure that staff are given the credit they deserve for the work that they do? Even the shy ones?

Do you have a method for ensuring that all instances of behaviour are dealt with proportionately?

7. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Thanks sideshow[​IMG]

8. Will you be buying cakes every Friday to raise staff morale?

9. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Hahaha....
    Thanks everyone!
    We're all waiting now in anticipation....[​IMG]