1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by ITA76, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I have just been sent in the post a number of my consultants business cards to pass on to other supply teachers to get the them to register with him. there is little supply work so why they are trying to recruit new teachers I don't know!

2. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I have just been sent in the post a number of my consultants business cards to pass on to other supply teachers to get the them to register with him. there is little supply work so why they are trying to recruit new teachers I don't know!

3. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Maybe your consultant gets a bonus for every new teacher he signs up.

4. It's a sales game/ pitch/ drive and gets the agency known. Why should you recruit for them?
    What is in it for you? They can line their own pockets..As they do.
    One agency I was with were offering free plasma tvs and satnavs if you got 10 folks to join them..Pity as they seemed to have so little work..
    All seemed v. mickey-mouse and gimmicky!

5. Just a sales, self-promotional bit of ill-judged marketing! Totally insensitive!
    The fool at HAYS <u>deregistered </u>me because I did not get any work/worked for them for three/more months!!!!
    So I asked him whether he liked/enjoyed completing totally unnecessary paperwork and whose fault was that,
    His reply:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.!!!!
    Such a dimwit!

6. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

When I first qualified 100 yrs ago the agency that sounds like "Preaching Turdinhell" offered me &pound;100 for every person that I introduced. I was told I would receive a cheque when they had completed the signing up process and were available for work. As my daily rate was 70 to 80 squid I thought whoo hoo! I asked about10 mates to sign up and told them I would spilt the cash...50 squid each, great! When the consultant realised that a nice grand would be winging it's way to me, the story changed to... they have to complete a day's work... ok I said. The next excuse was, they have to complete 5 day's work. Ok I said... (these were the golden days of supply btw...when 5 days a week was easy to get and you were turning work down). On asking where my cash was after this had been fullfilled by at least 6 of these people it was suddenly..."Oh we don't do that anymore."
    Enough said!

7. Just goes to show...agencies are still abusive, parasitic, profiteering, exploitative and TOTALLY UNNECESSARY!
    As consummate, fully qualified and registered professionals <u>all</u> schools should be employing us DIRECTLY.

8. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Well yes I am sure he does but only if they work for him! And there is so little work. I have done half a day for that agency in November!!

9. Agencies are still abusive, parasitic, profiteering, exploitative and TOTALLY UNNECESSARY!
    As consummate, fully qualified and registered professionals <u>all</u> schools should be employing us DIRECTLY.
    Supply teacher agencies should all be abolished forthwith. Hence schools will be forced to go to the GTCE!

10. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

If the cards are written on on one side only, they'll make really useful little shopping lists or reminders.
    [​IMG]

11. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Or bookmarks
    [​IMG]

12. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

But the irony is I now have a part time job and am only available one day a week!!

13. Send all the business cards back under recorded delivery[recipient pays postage] with the message, "UNWANTED JUNK MAIL"!

14. Or beer mats. Down the pub.

15. Send all the business cards back under recorded delivery[recipient pays postage] with the message, "UNWANTED JUNK MAIL"!

16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

They probably put an admin fee onto the cost of the CRB, charged to the new recruit, and make &pound;10 or &pound;15 each time someone registers, even if they don't have the work for them. They're being paid to be in the office anyway, so might as well be doing the cursory check of the CRB form before forwarding it to $RAPITA.
    I'm sure that processing enough CRBs for &pound;10 or so a pop covers the wages of the agency 'consultants'.

17. Cards too small and hard to be put for emergency use when no other paper is available in toilet!

18. Obviously would be useful for little sh*ts so fits the original purpose as well!

19. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Use them to prop up wobbly tables. [​IMG]