1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HMI Monitoring Visits

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by cornflake, Oct 27, 2018.

1. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

Hello
    I'm posting to ask if anyone is willing to share experiences of Section 8 monitoring visits in RI schools? Either on here, or via PM.

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Sorry , no experience.
    Just wanted to wish you lots of luck.
    From a colleague's experience, I think you will have the next inspection within 30 months. So it could happen very soon or very late which really isn't very helpful. Colleague's school is still waiting 17 months after their RI judgement.

3. cornflake

thanks - have recently had it but was curious to see if our experience matched others! Felt like the outcome was already decided on the basis of KS data...

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Several years ago, but when I worked in a School in RI we had a monitoring visit once a term.
    The Inspector was fantastic and said probably the shortest we could expect to move out of RI was after 3 visits , but if all went well during a visit if he felt we were ready, even though technically on a Section 5, he could alter the designation to Section 5 during the morning and could then move out without having to wait for another planned inspection.

install likes this.
  5. welshwales

welshwales Occasional commenter

Happy to PM you with regards to this,Cornflake..

install likes this.
  6. cornflake

Thanks welshwales - I look forward to hearing from you.

7. install

install Star commenter

Ours was several years ago in a RI school - staff and governors were on board too. Good luck. :cool:

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. clbills

clbills New commenter

Was working in RI school last year- outcomes did play large oartin conversation but does depend when in the year they come. We actually found the follow vusits were supportive if very intense!

Pomza and Lara mfl 05 like this.