1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HLTA salaries

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Aquamarina1234, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Lead commenter

Anyone earning over £28K?

2. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

No. It's paid term time only.

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Lead commenter

Thanks. A company advertising HLTA training on Facebook announced the pay range as £28-44K.
    I challenged them. I told them in my experience it was £19-22K and would gather evidence. They have since deleted the entire conversation.

4. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

I think teachers would be applying for HLTA if that was the case!
    I work full time (37hours) as a HLTA and earn £22 a year before tax

5. peter12171

peter12171 Lead commenter

Someone saw you coming! :D

lardylegs, Jamvic and sbkrobson like this.
  6. hubcap

hubcap New commenter

All right £22k

lardylegs and Jamvic like this.
  7. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

Ha, Ha! I know we are low paid but that would be taking the.......

£28 K we wish!

8. Ophelia 9

Ophelia 9 New commenter

I thought I had just posted a reply on here under the name of Regan 1 (I couldn't remember my username and ended up being given a message to reset my account and it came back as a different one from what I had expected - if this message is somewhere in completely the wrong place please someone let me know what I've done and I will try to sort it out!)
    I have just checked my final pay slips from before I left and I was actually earning £28000 - however, I am very aware that I was just incredibly lucky in how things worked out for me as an HLTA and I certainly would never had gone more than one more grade point higher which would not have taken me remotely close to the maximum quoted in the first post! I suppose, therefore that there may an exceptionally lucky HLTA earning more than this which allows the organisation to make their ludicrous claims legally!
    Unsurprisingly, the academy group who took over my old school this year made my role redundant (and also cut hours for other TAs) - might have hung on if I'd known there was a chance of redundancy
    I certainly would agree with Aquamarina that their figures were totally misleading and I'm glad that she got it removed - well done, Aquamarina!

9. Regan1

Regan1 New commenter

I don't know how I managed to 'lose' my original post but it's now 'floating about' here so I'm just posting this to get rid of the phantom message which I can't seem to delete - please just ignore me!:eek: