1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HLTA in a secondary school - how is it?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Pugwash, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash New commenter

I've heard a lot from primary HLTAs. How do secondary HLTAs like their jobs? How different is it from primary?
    I'm applying for a post of secondary HLTA in the maths department and I do love maths althuogh i qualified to teach science (7-14). I didn't complete induction for various reasons but i still want to work in a school - the HLTA role sounds great tome although I prefer primary but my experience has mostly been 11 to 16.
    Anyone have such a job and enjoy it? does anyone plan and teach lessons and assess the students?
    Thanks for any replies.

2. Pugwash

Pugwash New commenter

I've heard a lot from primary HLTAs. How do secondary HLTAs like their jobs? How different is it from primary?
    I'm applying for a post of secondary HLTA in the maths department and I do love maths althuogh i qualified to teach science (7-14). I didn't complete induction for various reasons but i still want to work in a school - the HLTA role sounds great tome although I prefer primary but my experience has mostly been 11 to 16.
    Anyone have such a job and enjoy it? does anyone plan and teach lessons and assess the students?
    Thanks for any replies.