1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HLTA grade

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by crutches1, Feb 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. crutches1

crutches1 New commenter

Hi all,

This is the first time I've used the community page and it seems like this will be the best place to ask my question! I work in Cheshire as a HLTA. I was just wondering if there are any HLTA's out there that are grade 8 and if you are would you be alright in letting me know what the difference is between being a grade 7 to 8.

Thanks!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hi crutches1 and welcome to TES. I don't work in your part of the country so have no idea about grading there - I've been a HLTA 'down South' for more than 10 years. If you are asking about the salary difference, that information should be available from your LEA or School Business Manager. If your question is more about the job description, it could be to do with class cover or subject co-ordinator/leadership roles. I hope someone comes along who can offer more help!