1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HK Shortlisting

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by tesquestion2016, Jan 24, 2016.

1. tesquestion2016

tesquestion2016 New commenter

I don't want the thread deleted for naming schools but was wondering if anyone else has done a video interview for a major HK group of schools- they have loads of positions in lots of schools so not identifying them. I have done the video interview but have no idea when they are likely to inform the successful candidates and move on to the next stage of the process. It would be great if anyone could let me know... This is my first year looking overseas and the process seems to be slow. Thanks

2. clovispoint

clovispoint Occasional commenter

From what I've heard, face to face interviews and Skype interviews are happening over the next coupe of weeks. The process is long, slow and nerve-wracking for all concerned. Even after interviews candidates must wait to hear if they have been successful, and even then you may get an offer if someone finds a job in the meantime and a slot opens up. Hang in there and good luck.

Anon (2018) and tesquestion2016 like this.
  3. tesquestion2016

tesquestion2016 New commenter

Has anybody heard yet?

4. peanut01peanut

peanut01peanut New commenter

It's public holidays in HK for a few days, doubt anyone is in the office, maybe you won't hear for a few days...

5. jamesandrewpollock

jamesandrewpollock New commenter

I had two sets of interviews in mid-October:

1. In-person interview early October, then heard by the end of October that was unsuccessful

2. Video interview (recorded, not skype) mid-October, then in-person interview early November, found out I was successful within 5 days of second interview. Hurrah!

6. eok8207

eok8207 New commenter

I would like to hear from any other candidates who have been long-listed and completed the automated video interview last month. Have they heard from the schools? Is it possible that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted? It is difficult to know how long to wait before accepting a position elsewhere. I would appreciate a reply or a message from those who can help please.