1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hitchhiker's return to the money well?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by SEBREGIS, Mar 27, 2018.

1. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Senior commenter

Umpteen years ago, I found myself tuning into a bizarre little show on Radio 4 called 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.' It was unlike anything I had ever heard (although radio comedy could get pretty surreal) and I remember hoping it wouldn't vanish without trace.

A couple of days ago, I found myself listening to the latest series and thinking - 'yeah, it's all right. Wonder what's on the other channel?'

I get that it's never going to have the same original impact, nothing will ever repeat that by doing what it did before - but I was a bit disappointed it didn't really seem to try. Don't know what anyone else thought?

2. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I'm enjoying it. Great fun!

3. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

I was looking forward to it but having read enough comments about it, I never got round to listening. It's not Douglas Adams, it's not going to be the same. I think the originals are just as funny as ever though.

4. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Have a listen. It's good.

sparkleghirl likes this.