1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hit a brick wall!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by floyd1985, May 4, 2011.

1. new term.... new songs
    can anyone give me any ideas for KS3 choir?! stuck stuck stuck!!!
    many thankyous xxx

2. new term.... new songs
    can anyone give me any ideas for KS3 choir?! stuck stuck stuck!!!
    many thankyous xxx

3. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Before anyone suggests Sing Up....!!!..........
    What style of music are you after? Typical 'choral'? Pop? Jazz? Musicals?
    My G8 lots enjoyed singing 'Earth Song' by Michael Jackson yesterday... but maybe that's not the sort of thing you're after?!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. i think more pop stuff - maybe things in the charts etc. i just can't think and if anyone's done anything recently that they'd like to share ideas with me on i'd be eternally grateful
    :)

6. At the risk of being sent to wherever this board sends people who are a laughing stock, I quite like some of the repertoire that the Gareth Malone programmes generate. [​IMG]
    My kids really went for this Rick Astley thing that the Celebrity Chefs did for Comic Relief.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6_60oLrfI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXXuh5wrek
    (And I bet we've all got a Clarissa who has to sing with the men) . . .[​IMG]

7. Well, recent successes for me have been:
    Bridge over troubled water, Shine, today this could be the greatest day of our lives (sorry, can't remember what it's called Take That, you know what I mean), Hallelujah, At the end of the day from Les Mis (they really loved that one), You raise me up, Popular (Wicked), Salt Water (julian Lennon), Fields of Gold. If any more occur to me I'll post again later!

8. How about 'Forget You' by Cee Lo Green. My lot loved it. You can put in lots of ooh and ahhs and doos as harmony.

9. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

A-ha! The great song search has returned. Always a favourite of mine. What about The Surrey with the Fringe on Top?
    Lennox.

10. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

No,no Lennox, floyd wants songs from this century I think, trust you to lower the tone of things. If you are bored why don't you pick on posters in Opinion?

11. bod99

bod99 New commenter

I love Lennox.