1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History workshops

Discussion in 'History' started by tiffhoward, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find someone that visits primary schools to lead workshops in home front history. So far I've found nothing so any info on whether you know someone is providing this service, or best of all if you've had them visit your school, and information about it would be great.

Thanks guys

2. Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find someone that visits primary schools to lead workshops in home front history. So far I've found nothing so any info on whether you know someone is providing this service, or best of all if you've had them visit your school, and information about it would be great.

Thanks guys

3. hi - I know someone and he also does primary schools-but he mainly does talks on ww1 and ww2 - with various artefacts for the children to handle etc (uniforms/hats/gas masks etc)
    you can google him - khakioncampaign - is the company. He is a lovely bloke and always very accomodating.
    Let me know how you get on.
    He is based in the South - but will travel just about every where!

4. Hi, i was browsing internet looking for something inspirational for primary children on mining [​IMG]
    and found this site. Looks amazing!
    http://www.eventplan.co.uk/
    Hope its some help

5. Try the History Squad, www.historysquad.co.uk; they cover from the Romans right through to WW2 and the home front. It's very hands on and our youngsters even got the chance to do a stirrup pump race.