1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History teacher newsletters?

Discussion in 'History' started by katherinebiggs, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I am the education officer at a museum, and just keen to understand how teachers choose which sites to attend with their classes. We are keen to push our key stage 2 and 3 historical sessions to schools, and so I am interested to find out if there any any good newsletters which keep you informed on what museums offer.
    Katherine.

2. Hi all,
    I am the education officer at a museum, and just keen to understand how teachers choose which sites to attend with their classes. We are keen to push our key stage 2 and 3 historical sessions to schools, and so I am interested to find out if there any any good newsletters which keep you informed on what museums offer.
    Katherine.

3. For KS3 I tend to get ideas from organisations I am a member of such as the Historical Association and Princes Teaching Institute, so you could contact them? Within our school Y7 & 8 trips tend to be local places due to logisitics/cost so you could also try contacting your local schools and informing them about what you could offer?
    Rob.

4. I often get emails through from my local authority about events at museums but I also get them from Tyne & Wear Museums. I check their website frequently to see what events and workshops are being offered and at what cost. Cost and accessibility are vital in the decision making process. If we can get to the event using the metro (public transport) then it makes a huge difference. If we have to hire a coach for a class then thats £200 for the day before we start and I have 5 classes in each year. We can't then afford to pay an extra say £60 for a workshop which is the average price I find. Hope that helps.

5. That's great, thanks both.