1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History PGCE Presentation Help!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by scotie10, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hi there,

I have an interview in 2nd February to get onto Birmingham University's PGCE history course. The presentation to me is what is causinng the most problems! We are asked to give a 7 minute talk on either a current educational issue or our recent experiences in education.

I was going to talk about my own experiences as when I left my Erasmus year early I worked as an agnency cover supervisor for about six months before coming back to complete my degree. I feel that this is the experience which is enabled me to get the interview. But, I am a bit worried about structuring the presentation and making sure that it doesn't turn into a random pitch about how much work experience I have. Or the merits of using unqualifed staff in schools as I know this has caused a lot of debate amongst supply teachers etc. with schools needing to cut back on costs. I think the best approach to take would be to reflect on the experience and how it has made me want to continue persuing a career in teaching.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts about how I should go about the presentation.
    Thanks!