1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History PGCE - help/advice would be lovely!

Discussion in 'History' started by fernifernfern, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hello all,

I've got an interview with Cumbria for a History PGCE in a few weeks and I have to do a 5 minute micro-teaching presentatin on any historical topic/character/event I want. At the moment I'm going for the Gunpowder Plot with possibly more emphasis on catholics vs protestants (I have to aim it at year 8s).

Is there any advice anybody could give me in how to keep interesting yet short and sweet? I'm used to planning lessons/sessions as I used to be an Aimhigher associate but my mind's gone blank because I've panicked a little bit...

Thank you for any help given :)

2. Hello all,

I've got an interview with Cumbria for a History PGCE in a few weeks and I have to do a 5 minute micro-teaching presentatin on any historical topic/character/event I want. At the moment I'm going for the Gunpowder Plot with possibly more emphasis on catholics vs protestants (I have to aim it at year 8s).

Is there any advice anybody could give me in how to keep interesting yet short and sweet? I'm used to planning lessons/sessions as I used to be an Aimhigher associate but my mind's gone blank because I've panicked a little bit...

Thank you for any help given :)

3. Hi

I know you posted this a couple of years ago but I am also thinking of doing the Gunpowder plot for the 5 minute micro teach at my PGCE interview at Newman University. I just wondered if you went for this in the end and if so how did it go?

I would be so grateful for any help as I'm not sure how to get this down to 5 mins as well as keeping it interesting

Many thanks