1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

History/Geography Workshops/activites for Primary School

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rebirch, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've just found out i'm history/geog co-ordinator and I need to organise a "Wow!" event for the whole school next spring! This needs to encorporate local history (northwest) which is mining. . .
    Any suggestions for workshops, speakers, costumed speakers, activities and such like??
    None of the local mines are accessible and it's not the most interesting topic for children.
    I've got hold of a few ordnance survey maps.
    As far as I have researched, there are no significant historical events in the area either!
    Thanks in advance!

2. Hi,
    I've just found out i'm history/geog co-ordinator and I need to organise a "Wow!" event for the whole school next spring! This needs to encorporate local history (northwest) which is mining. . .
    Any suggestions for workshops, speakers, costumed speakers, activities and such like??
    None of the local mines are accessible and it's not the most interesting topic for children.
    I've got hold of a few ordnance survey maps.
    As far as I have researched, there are no significant historical events in the area either!
    Thanks in advance!